Our School Council
At Alpha Preparatory School we value the benefits of operating a school council.
The School Council represents the whole school. Through our school council and class council work it is hoped that we can develop a balance and wholeness, helping to make our community more harmonious and good to live in. Our school council work enables pupils to exert a positive influence. Everyone benefits from the work of the School Council.
Our School Council aims to ensure our children have:
- A safe, happy but fair learning environment.
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them.
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills.
- An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school.
- To experience a democratic process.
Our School Council gives pupils experience of:
- Planning, organising and monitoring small projects.
- Speaking and listening skills.
- Debating skills.
- Mediation and negotiating skills.
- Basic budgeting and managing money.
Our school council aims to prepare our pupils for citizenship by teaching them about roles, rights and responsibilities within the school system.