Our School Council
At Alpha Preparatory School we value the benefits of operating a school council and celebrate our student voice.
The School Council represents the whole school. Through our school council and class council work it is hoped that we can develop a balance and wholeness, helping to make our community more harmonious and good to live in. Our school council work enables pupils to exert a positive influence. Everyone benefits from the work of the School Council.
Our School Council aims to ensure our children have:
- A safe, happy but fair learning environment.
- A forum to voice their concerns and act upon them.
- A structured opportunity to learn problem-solving skills.
- An opportunity to take an active role in the organisation of the school.
- To experience a democratic process.
Our School Council gives pupils experience of:
- Planning, organising and monitoring small projects.
- Speaking and listening skills.
- Debating skills.
- Mediation and negotiating skills.
- Basic budgeting and managing money.
Our school council aims to prepare our pupils for citizenship by teaching them about roles, rights and responsibilities within the school system.
Our School Council, voted for in September2022 are:
Jaini - Year 1
Jayden - Year 1
Jasmin - Year 2
Nikolaos - Year 2
Zaha - Year 2
Liyam - Year 3
Tyara - Year 3
Ibraheem - Year 4
Merry - Year 4
Darsh - Year 5
Ishaan - Year 5
Leya - Year 5
Rania - Year 6
Soren - Year 6
Representatives from Reception join the Council later in the academic year.