At Alpha and Alphabets we aim to nurture, encourage and challenge each child to grow as learners and as responsible citizens. We aim to provide an environment which safeguards the welfare of our children, is effectively resourced (including appropriate technology) and allows children to experience stimulating and high quality teaching. Our expectation is that children will leave us as confident, enthusiastic pupils with the skills and attitudes to successfully enter the next phase of their education.
Broadly, our aims are:
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum which gives priority to literacy, numeracy and science. The curriculum should provide a variety of stimulating challenges, with a view to ensuring that all pupils are stretched according to their ability
- To provide a happy, safe and disciplined environment in which all children can learn and are encouraged to realise their full potential, both academically and socially.
- To encourage in our children a sense of responsibility to each other and respect their values and beliefs.
- To help our children develop a pride in their work, their appearance and their environment.
- To teach our children the value of good manners and the need to accept responsibility for their own actions.
- To adhere to the school’s Christian tradition, but at the same time develop an understanding and respect for the beliefs of others. As such, all children, are expected to take a full part in the life of the School.
Many parents think of Alpha as an extension of their own family. They trust our staff to look after their children, and they know, and trust, our excellent pastoral care.
Experienced and Dedicated Staff
At Alpha, we ensure that our staff are experienced and well-qualified. Several members of staff are parents of children who attend, or who have attended, the school. Pupils often talk about how kind and approachable their teachers are, and how much they enjoy their lessons.
A School Enriched by Parents, for Parents
Alpha is owned by its parents, who are members of Alpha Preparatory School Ltd. This means that the school is run like a building society, for the good of its members, rather than like a bank, which exists to make a profit for its shareholders.